Celestix BMC 3750 BladeLogic Patch Manager Appliance
Ready-to-deploy BMC Marimba patch management repeaters, comprehensive security management and compliance for client devices
Keeping software updated in large pools of client devices such as laptops, PC’s, ATM’s, and kiosks is very time consuming and costly. The time it takes to manually deploy software patches and updates to vast numbers of clients impairs productivity. Clients that don’t have the latest patches are active security threats and hurt compliance. In large enterprises, automating client software management to improve speed and economy is a necessity.
Celestix BMC Series appliances are the most cost-effective solution now available for providing the repeater function large enterprises need to deploy the BMC BladeLogic Client Automation system. Repeaters ensure that all managed client devices have current and compliant software. Celestix BMC Series appliances are the fast, easy, and economical way to insert repeaters into a BMC BladeLogic Client Automation infrastructure.
Automated Patch Management
The BMC BladeLogic Client Automation Patch Management Module that resides in Celestix BMC Series appliances is an extension to the BMC BladeLogic Client Automation (formerly Marimba) solution, which automates the entire lifecycle management of client devices. This system helps organizations:
- Provide patch and security compliance by detecting vulnerabilities and performing auto-remediation
- Dramatically lower maintenance and support costs
- Maximize productivity via continuous patch management regardless of client location or access
- Automatically verify and report on the compliance status of any system under management
Simplifying the BladeLogic Patch Manager Repeater
Celestix BMC appliances significantly reduce the time and risk of deploying BladeLogic Patch Manager Repeater nodes. BMC Series appliances come preconfigured with a hardened Linux operating system, appliance engine/UI, and BMC BladeLogic Patch Manager software. In a matter of minutes, Celestix BMC Series appliances are up, running, and connected to the BladeLogic Patch Management network, which greatly cuts the cost and time of deployment.
Celestix repeaters include integrated update, configuration, and management tools embedded in an industry-standard web user interface, which provides a set of commands, reporting, alerting, and other core tools to ease administrators into routine management and use.
Celestix Appliance Optimization
Celestix purpose-builds their 5th generation 3500 appliance hardware to optimize the performance of BMC BladeLogic software and to deliver high reliability year after year. The Celestix 3500 appliance platform uses high-speed, highthroughput architecture and components throughout—without exteraneous components that add cost and complexity. You receive the performance you want with minimal points of vulnerability as compared to generic-server deployments.
Celestix’ COSMOS appliance engine software delivers industry-leading features for fast, easy deployment and administration.
- Web UI for convenient remote management of application and appliance
- 1-button rollback to factory presets for fast, easy recovery
- Jog dial and front panel display for fast deployment and easy on-site administration
Features and Benefits:
- BMC BladeLogic for Client Automation-Patch Management Module application
- Fully integrated appliance form factor
- Web GUI for convenient remote management
- Front panel display for easy network configuration and status display
- One-button system recovery to factory default
- Install client software automation solution in less than15 minutes
- Hardened Linux-based COSMOS operating system
- True Gigabit network throughput
- PCI-Express architecture
- For large enterprise and distributed remote-site deployments
- Includes a firewall to block or enable ports. No advanced functionalities like port forwarding, etc.
- Configurable sysmonitor: Set desired limit thresholds for CPU, procs, or other system resources for sysmonitor alerts
- Interface bonding - In Windows: Interface/Network teaming. Allow multiple ports to share one physical address, providing switch/hub redundancy, and redundancy against a physical network interface failure
- Reporting: Allows you to see log files and specify queries to view the data you need
- Service management from LCD: Start/stop/restart services from the LCD
- Multiple paths for appliance software updates
Benefits at every phase of deployment:
- Procurement – With Celestix BMC appliances, you purchase integrated solutions from one source. With whitebox deployments, you purchase separate hardware, operating system, and BMC components—each requiring a separate approval cycle.
- Integration: Celestix BMC Series appliances come fully integrated and ready to use straight from the box.The time spent integrating and testing white box deployments adds significant costs and delays to deployments.
- COSMOS Appliance Engine – Based on a Linux kernel, Celestix' COSMOS engine provides several unique features for ease of use:
- Jog Dial and LCD display enables fast, easy set up, management, and monitoring when on site.
- Web UI for: simple setup, remote configuration of network settings, options to view logs/reboot/receive alerts/updating software, and other management tasks.
- Disaster Recovery – Each BMC series appliance includes One-button rollback to factory presets.
- Celestix has optimized and hardened the operating-system and configuration options specifically for the BMC BladeLogic Lifecycle Automation for Clients solution.
- Time – With BMC Series appliances, there is no need to dedicate long hours of staff time to configure individual whiteboxes to act as repeaters. Celestix has fully packaged the BMC BladeLogic module to minimize the burden on your IT staff.
Celestix develops hardware platforms that ensure optimal performance and exceptional ease-of-use. Our appliances offer many competitive advantages for BMC deployments, including:
With BMC appliances you purchase integrated solutions from one source that are ready to use straight from the box. Otherwise, you purchase separate hardware, operating system, and BMC components—with each part requiring multiple levels of approval.
Celestix Appliance Hardware
Celestix purpose-builds their 5th generation X4 appliance hardware to optimize the performance of BMC BladeLogic software and to deliver high reliability year after year. The Celestix X4 appliance platform uses high-speed, high throughput architecture and components throughout—without exteraneous components that add cost and complexity. You receive the performance you want with minimal points of vulnerability as compared to generic-server deployments.
COSMOS Appliance Engine
Based on a Linux kernel, the COSMOS engine provides several unique features for ease of use:
- Jog Dial and LCD display enables headless communication with the network to set up, manage, and monitor the appliance on site.
- Web UI to manage each BMC appliance for: simple setup, remote configuration of network settings, options to view logs/reboot/receive alerts/updating software, and others.
- Disaster Recovery – Each BMC appliance includes Last Good Version (LGV) functionality. LGV allows administrators to backup and restore units to predefined recovery points. You can also reset BMC appliance to factory default settings using Celestix' one button rollback feature.
- Software Update System – receive pre-screened updates and patches to all appliance software layers—OS, Appliance Engine, and BMC application—from one convenient management interface.
Optimization and Security
Celestix preconfigures each BMC appliance with a transmitter that extends the BMC Configuration Automation for Clients implementation. Celestix has optimized and hardened the operating-system and configuration options specifically for the BMC Configuration Automation for Clients solution.
With the BMC appliance there is no need to dedicate long hours of staff time to configure individual whiteboxes to act as repeaters for BMC Configuration Automation for Clients. Celestix has completed the packaging to minimize the burden on IT staff.
|MSA Series Model||BMC 3500||BMC 3750|
|Form Factor||1U - 19”||1U - 19”|
|CPU||Intel Core 2 Duo Processor||Intel Core 2 Duo Processor|
|Memory||4GB RAM of 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM||4GB RAM of 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM|
|Front Side Bus||1066MHz||1066MHz|
|Hard drive||500GB available storage 7,200 RPM Serial ATA-II||1TB available storage 7,200 RPM Serial ATAII|
|Gigabit Ethernet Ports||6||6|
|Port||PCI-Express bus||PCI-Express bus|
|Power||AC Power Voltage 100-240VAC, 50-60Hz with power switch and temperature controlled fan|
|Dimensions (H x W x L)||1.75” x 17.3” x 13.0” inches|
|Options||Choose your version of BMC BladeLogic software: 7.2.01, 7.5.0, 8.0.0, 8.1.0|
|Safety & Emissions Certifications||Safety: ENC 55022:1998 + A1:2000 + A2:2003 Class B, EN61000-3- 2:2000 + A1:2001 + A2:2005, EN61000-3-3:1995 + A1:2001 + A2:2005, IEC 61000-4- 2:1995 +A1:1998 + A2:2001, IEC 61000-4-3:1995 +A1:1998 + A2:2002, IEC 61000-4-4:1995 +A1:2001 + A2:2001, IEC 61000-4-5:1995 +A1:2001, IEC 61000- 4-6:2004, IEC 61000-4-8:2001, IEC 61000-4- 11:2004
Emissions: FCC Class B, CE, CB, C-Tick and RoHS.
Download the Celestix BMC Series Datasheet (.PDF)
Including CAT6 Ethernet Cable, Power Cable, RJ45 Connector Cable, and Mounting Brackets