Celestix E3400 Cloud Edge Security
A comprehensive solution for enabling secure remote access and cloud connectivity
Today, with the rise of cloud computing, we have a redefined vision of IT. Organizations are increasingly diversifying their IT infrastructure and moving from physical to a mix of physical, virtual, and cloud environments. This transformation in the datacenter is bringing new challenges in getting secure and consistent connectivity across different IT systems, cloud services, and plethora of devices. In virtualized and cloud computing environments, legacy perimeter security solutions are not fully equipped to provide seamless connectivity, critical for utilizing the benefits from scalable, agile, and cost effective cloud infrastructure.
The Celestix Edge E Series provide secure access to on-premises as well as private, public and hybrid cloud environments. Both versions support traditional VPN, DirectAccess, web application proxy, Remote Desktop Gateway, site-to-site VPN, as well as Hyper-V Virtual Network Gateway from a single command center. Ultimately, this empowers IT adminstrators to efficiently handle datacenter and cloud workloads, while supporting employees with trasparent connections from any location aand from any device.
Celestix Edge E and VE Series bring the power of the Microsoft Cloud OS into your datacenter and tightly integrate with the Microsoft and Amazon cloud platforms. Our dedicated hardware and management software extends the best of Microsoft’s battle-tested Cloud OS software, based on Windows Server 2012 R2, into a rapidly deployed, secure platform.
Celestix Edge Series manages the Windows Server 2012 R2 Remote Access platform from a proprietary simplified web interface – Comet. Comet delivers functionality like centralized configuration, enhanced reporting, and remote monitoring to simplify Windows Server 2012 R2 Remote Access deployments.
Comet Management Interface
- One click to install a major service (ADFS/Device Registration Service, NPS, DirectAccess/ VPN, Web Application Proxy, Remote Desktop Gateway, Remote Desktop Web, Work Folders)
- Quick access to service status and client usage information
- Enhanced reporting for monitoring and compliance requirements
- Efficient troubleshooting for DirectAccess client connections
- Streamlined connection to Remote Access advanced management
Enhanced and Mobile-Friendly Management Interface
The Comet web-based management console has been written using HTML5, making it cross-platform friendly and enabling remote management using any browser on any device. It provides administrators with a highly intuitive and easy-to-navigate management interface that will streamline configuration and management.
New Remote Access Dashboard
The main dashboard features at-a-glance system information and vital statistics, such as appliance version, current memory utilization, system uptime, and more. You can also quickly and easily shutdown or restart the appliance right from the main screen. Links on the dashboard provide instant access to appliance configuration, system settings, and status information. Convenient drop-down menus provide easy navigation from anywhere in the Comet interface.
Remote Access ‘Kill Switch’
The Remote Access Dashboard has been updated to provide an instant view of current DirectAccess and VPN connections. The ‘kill switch’ feature allows an administrator to proactively terminate a remote access session at any time. This feature includes the following options:
- Reset Connection – A connection can be reset at any time, forcing the connected client to reestablish the connection. This is useful in troubleshooting scenarios.
- Disable Connection – When a connection is disabled, the client’s computer account in Active Directory is disabled at the same time, preventing the client from reestablishing a connection. This is useful for scenarios in which a client has become infected with malware. Once the client has been remediated, the Active Directory account can be enabled and the client can reestablish remote network connectivity.
- Remove Connection – When a connection is removed, the client’s computer account in Active Directory is deleted, permanently preventing the client from establishing a connection. This is useful for scenarios in which a client is lost, stolen or compromised.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 based appliance
- Removes the complexity of tying together diverse connectivity options through our easy setup
- Unified Remote Access:
- DirectAccess provides secure always-on connectivity for Windows 7/8/8.1 Enterprise clients
- VPN: Traditional cross-platform VPN for Windows, Android, Mac OS X, and iOS access
- Integrates with HOTPin multi-factor authentication
- Remote Desktop Gateway for full remote desktop connectivity
- Remote Access Dashboard
- Enhanced reporting
- DirectAccess client diagnostics and Client Management
- Alerting and Monitoring
- Web Application Proxy for secure on-premises web site access and identify federation
- Work Folders enable your users to sync their work files from a corporate server to supported devices
- Hybrid Cloud connectivity between private and public clouds:
- Hyper-V Network Virtualization Gateway for seamless movement of workloads
- Site-to-Site VPN access between private and public clouds, or multi-clouds
- Redundant multi-cloud connectivity, including Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services
Unified Remote Access
Various remote access infrastructure components are consolidated to provide different connectivity options from a single appliance without the hassle of dealing with different cross-vendor solutions.
Microsoft DirectAccess provides secure, always-on connectivity for Windows 7/8/8.1. DirectAccess helps users to experience the full corporate environment from any location through any internet connection.
Traditional cross-platform VPN for Windows, Android, Mac OSX, and iOS access Clients using non-Windows devices or those not using the enterprise version of Windows 7/8/8.1 can fall back on traditional VPN for their remote access requirements.
HOTPin 2FA Integration
Celestix HOTPin two-factor authentication integrates with the Celestix Edge Appliance to provide a simple solution to complex password requirements and maximizes security.
Web Application Proxy
Web Application Proxy allows administrators to publish applications selectively for external access. It enables end users to access these applications from outside the corporate network using any device.
Work Folders that can be used to store and access work files on personal computers and devices from anywhere. For BYOD environments, Work Folders can be a very simple and easy way to access important files.
With the explosion of smartphones and tablets, organizations have been debating the benefits and security risks of adopting a bring-your-own-device (BYOD) policy. Workplace Join enables simplified registration of personal and corporate devices, empowering organizations to provide a seamless sign-in experience to company resources from trusted devices.
Site-to-Site VPN enables access between private and public clouds, or multiple cloud providers by establishing a secure connection from an enterprise datacenter to the cloud infrastructure. This allows users to access resources across clouds without having to explicitly establish individual VPN connection to them.
Remote Access Gateway
Remote Desktop Gateway enables authorized users to connect to remote computers on a corporate network from any computer without creating a VPN connection. It uses the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) along with the HTTPS protocol to help create a more secure, encrypted connection.
The Celestix Edge appliance simplifies the process to set up and manage access to IT resources. The diagram below provides a reference for features that are available on the appliance.
E Series Connectivity Features
Example Deployment Topologies
The diagrams that follow are intended to provide reference for IT administrators or architects. The examples provide a few scenarios for common aspects of Celestix Edge appliance deployment, while the potential options are certainly numerous.
DirectAccess Deployment with Manage-Out
Access for external users with strong authentication that allows system administrators to support and manage remote clients.
- Secure remote access for managed Windows 7 and Windows 8 clients.
- Anytime, anywhere access to applications and data on the organization network.
- Compliance mandate for One-Time Password (OTP) authentication.
- System administrators inside the organization network need connectivity to initiate remote desktop sessions and push software updates to remote clients.
Access for external users that includes a wide range of systems, like PCs, Macs, tablets, and smart phones.
- Secure remote access for nonmanaged clients that include commonly used operating systems (Windows, Linux, OS X, Android, and iOS).
- Remote access to applications and data on the organization network.
- Web-based applications need users to be pre-authenticated at the edge.
- Applications individually provisioned based on user roles.
VPN Role With Web Application Proxy
Cross-premises network connectivity for internally hosted and cloud resources.
Requirement: Seamless connectivity between on-premises data center and virtual machines hosted in the public cloud.
|E Series Model||E3400||E6400||E8400|
|Type of Business||Designed for small to mid-sized enterprises||Designed for large and multinational enterprises||Designed for large and multinational enterprises|
|Recommended Users||Below 500 concurrent users||500 to 3,000 concurrent users||Up to 5,000 concurrent users|
|CPU||Intel i5||Intel E3||2 x Intel E5|
|Number of Processors||4 Cores||4 Cores||12 Cores (hyperthreading)|
|Memory||8 GB||16 GB||16 GB|
|Hard drive||SATA-III Hard Drive||SATA-II 120 GB available storage
2 x SATA-III hot-swappable hard drive
|SATA-III SSDs 300 GB available storage
4 x SATA-III SSDs hot-swappable hard drive
|Power Supply||220W auto-switching universal 110/220V AC power supply||Redundant hot-swappable power supply – 2 x 250W||Redundant hot-swappable power supply – 2 x 500W|
|Disk Mirror RAID||-||RAID 1||RAID 10|
|Gigabit Ethernet Ports||6||6||8|
|Dimensions (H x W x L)||1.75” x 17.3” x 13.0” inches||1.75” x 17.3” x 21.5” inches||3.5” x 17.4” x 23.25” inches|
Demo Video: Celestix Edge E Series
Download the Celestix Edge E and VE Series Datasheet (.PDF)
Including CAT6 Ethernet Cable, Power Cable, RJ45 Connector Cable, and Mounting Brackets
Contact us for pricing!